Dear future BBNC members,
A few words about our preparedness for Covid-19 -related safety.
BBNC holds the safety of our members as a top priority, and therefore the board has adopted the following guidelines in accordance with the State of Michigan regulations as well as CDC recommendations:
- Masks must be worn at all BBNC functions, meetings and activities, except when eating, such as in a restaurant, or participating in an outdoor sports activity. Members will bring their own masks.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be observed indoors as well as outdoors.
- As many activities as possible will be held outdoors, rain or shine. Dress for the weather!
- Hosts will have sanitizer or sanitizing wipes available, as well as soap and water and paper towels for guests.
- There will be no sharing of utensils or communal dishes at any activities. (See special guidelines for cooking classes.)
- The number of participants at any in-person event will be restricted to comply with State of Michigan regulations as well as with the host’s comfort level.
- Guests are responsible for taking their own temperature before attending any activity
- If you feel unwell or have been in contact with anyone who is unwell, stay home.
- If you are awaiting results of a COVID test, do not attend in-person activities.
- If you have traveled out of state or country in the last two weeks, do not attend in-person activities.
- Persons with underlying health conditions or those in a high risk group should carefully consider which events are appropriate for their participation.
- Any member who is uncomfortable with these guidelines, whether they be deemed too restrictive or not restrictive enough, should not participate in in-person activities.
- Before registering for any and all activities, members must agree to comply with these guidelines.
- Due to the changing nature of the Covid virus, the number of allowed participants at any event can change prior to the event date. If changes occur, registrants will be notified by activity leaders through email.
- Please view the Michigan Covid Preparedness website for the latest information on the status of the threat of the viral spread.
We are being creative in planning our events with safety in mind, as well as being responsive to the changing situation with the virus. Please be assured that BBNC is taking steps to guard your safety, and in return, we request and rely on your cooperation.
BBNC President 2020-2021